Monday, April 4, 2011

A New Start

My family was going through some very rough times. We were basically homeless over the past several years. I wasnt able to get a job because of my work history which was from being a stay at home Mom. I went through abusive relationships in my life and had no help from the father of my kids. I was granted child support, it helped but wasnt enough to survive on. I also suffered from anxiety disorder/panic attacks, you name it. After over a decade of suffering from the depression and anxiety, it finally came to me that I need to pray about this, and I prayed from my heart. I was literally sick and tired of the way I was feeling day to day. I was only getting four hours of sleep a day, imagining all kinds of illnesses and disease, calling 911 and feeling foolish but grateful that I was still in good health, people calling me weird and laughing at me because I was always jittery. I prayed and almost immediately I was cured of anxiety which was a part of my life for over ten years, I was amazed how soon my prayer was answered. I felt like a new person. I was cured of the anxiety but I was still moving from place to place with my children. I finally had to let them stay with their dad to have some stability. I never wanted to separate from my kids but I had no choice. I still had the olders ones with me and we were living in a drug infested, violent neighborhood. I worried constantly of my boys getting hurt, jailed, and even worse killed. My oldest son couldnt find a job so he got into some illegal activity which scared me senseless. One night I heard scuffling upstairs from the apartment we stay in and something told me my son was involved. I ran upstairs and sure enough he was being drug out a door bruised and bleeding, I was horrified, I didnt know what to do, but I mustered up the strength to pull my son downstairs and kept him in. He was intoxicated and hard to control but I wasnt letting him go back out to get hurt again or killed. I didnt know where to turn, and I remembered a prayer I saw in my local Thrifty Nickle that someone had published. That prayer was a novena. I said that prayer everyday for nine days. I also prayed in between the Novena because I knew only God could save my son. I prayed that our lives would be turned around for the better and that my son will stop doing the bad things he was doing and that we can start over on the right track. Praise our Heavenly Father, and Jesus, and all who interceded on my behalf. I have since moved to another state because of a job offer, and my son was blessed with a wonderful job that he is so happy and grateful for. No one can tell me there are no such things as miracles because I know there are. I am just so grateful because we are working and God made it all possible. At the end of the school year the rest of my children will be united with me and there is nothing more I can ask for..God is good:)


Shared by Iowa:

No comments:

Post a Comment