Saturday, March 26, 2011

My First Account Of An Angel

  The first time that I remember having an account with a angel was in a dream that I had. It happened one night when I asked God to give me a sign or to show me he was real. I was going through some things in my life and I was, I guess searching for something more in life. It was about three o'clock in the morning and I was sitting on my bed and I cried out to God and asked him to show me if he was real. I finally fell asleep and when I did I had a awesome dream. In my dream my husband and my boys and I were walking home and we looked up in the sky. As I looked up in the sky, I seen the stars come together and form into an angel. The angel followed us all the way home and when we got to our front door, I looked up again and the angel disappeared. The next morning when I woke up I told my husband about it. When I told him he just looked at me and did not say anything. He probably thought I was crazy, but I know what I seen in my dream. After I had that dream, it would not go away. I just kept thinking about it, it was so real to me. Everything in that dream was just like it was, my home, the road we were walking on, everything was so real to me. I just couldn't figure out what is was. I have had dreams before, but this one was just more real to me then any other dream I have ever had. I did do some research to see what dreams mean. I found out that a dream like that meant to repent, so that is what I did.
  A while after that my family and I got baptized. We began to follow the Lord, but it has not always been easy. I remember a very sweet lady that went to the church that we were baptized at, she told me that now that we were saved and are God's the devil will attack us. And guess what she was right, my family and I have been through some things in our lives. But I know that it is all working out for the good. We go through things in our lives because that is God's way of purifying us.
  After we were saved then Satan did start attacking us, but I have grown a lot in the Lord. I know, and I am learning how the devil works. I also know that he will not over come God's children. After we were saved, I remember that the Mormon's showed up at my home. I did not really know much about them. They seemed like nice people, and I did not really know anything that they believed in. So I was simple hearted and let them in my home. Boy did I learn a few things about doing that. They were telling me that their church was the only true church. They said that my baptism did not count. But yet inside I just could not believe that. Then God put it on my heart and I started to really think about it. I was searching the Bible for answers, and God kept showing me that no man has seen God. He kept showing me in his word because the Mormon's believe that Joseph Smith seen God. I struggled with that for about a month or so. But God is so awesome and he loves us so much that he would not let me be deceived.
  God kept showing me in his word, but I was not getting it. I got tired of the Mormon's coming to my home, so I was going to join their church. They told me to pray about it, and I did. I prayed for about two weeks and finally cried out to God and told him that he has to do something. I did not know what to do. I was laying on my bed and he spoke to me. Yes, it was an audible voice, it came from the inside of me. He said to me, '"Why are you forsaking me !" It kinda surprised  me because I was not expecting that. I knew right then and their that I was not going to join that church. I told them not to come back to my house, and when I did and they quite coming to my house it was a big relief. The peace came back and I knew that God was even more real.
  This is some of the reasons why I love God so much. He always watches out for his children. There have been other encounters with God in my life and when I get the time I will share them. But for right now I hope you are encouraged by my testimony. And I also hope that God will put it on your heart to follow him. May you be blessed by my Lord and Savior.

Author: Lula Becraft
http://houseofelijah.blogspot.com
http://likeangelsandmiracles.blogspot.com
http://theartoflula.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article Lula! How precious is your testimony ... Again, so wonderful! ~ Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bobbi,it has been a adventure.

    ReplyDelete